The AICPA recently released a two-page FAQ document outlining what it means when your CPA says you need to extend. Download the FAQ below and find out:
- What does a filing an extension do?
- Why does my CPA suggest we extend my tax return?
- Am I more likely to be audited if I extend?
- What are the primary benefits of extending my tax return?
- Should I do anything differently if I am filing an extension or “going on extension?”
- Is there anything I can do to avoid filing an extension if I know I am missing some information now?
- Have there been any changes to the due dates of returns for this year?