The additional campaigns were identified through LB&I data analysis, and suggestions from IRS employees. LB&I’s goal is to improve return selection, identify issues representing a risk of noncompliance, and make the greatest use of limited resources.
The six campaigns selected for the rollout are:
- Interest Capitalization for Self-Constructed Assets;
- F3520/3520-A Non-Compliance and Campus Assessed Penalties;
- Forms 1042/1042-S Compliance;
- Nonresident Alien Tax Treaty Exemptions;
- Nonresident Alien Schedule A and Other Deductions; and
- NRA Tax Credits.
The campaigns themselves fall within the Withholding & International Individual Compliance practice area.